My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

Monday, February 28, 2005

Birthday Celebrations

Well, in case you have been under a rock for the last week…yesterday was my birthday. As I have been informed by several of those younger than me, who like to joke on my old age, I am now a quarter of a century. If I were a car, I could be an antique. What a warm and fuzzy feeling that sends out. Despite the fact that this was my first birthday away from home, ever, it was rather incredible. For the first time since I moved here, I feel that I am really connecting with people and really making some real friends. Several people surprised me over the last few days with different little things, but overall it made for a really memorable and special birthday. My parents came down and visited last weekend. We went to Clearwater where we took a pirate cruise. Definite cool points as well as a job offer from the pirate captain. I’m currently looking into getting hired part time there. How fitting would that be…me as a part time pirate?! Aargh matey!Saturday, my friend Dave came by the bookstore to bring me what may be one of the coolest birthday presents ever…a poster from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as well as an autographed photo. Yes, for all of you wondering, I now actually have a Johnny Depp autographed piece to add to my always-growing collection!Last night I had some friends over to watch the Oscars as part of my birthday celebration. I made Jell-O shots for the first time in what seems like years. My friend Joannie brought homemade cupcakes that she baked from scratch…very yummy and even more thoughtful. It was pretty cool that people were actually willing to put up with me through a viewing of the Oscars. (Did anyone else happen to notice that Johnny has his gold teeth back in?!) Rob bought me a very cool thumb ring that spins around and entertains my ADD-self…very cool.I was a bit disappointed that my other friend Rob didn’t show up, but when I got to work today he had a surprise for me. He had bought me a card and had everyone in the store sign it and he had also gotten me a cake. Wow! I was impressed. That kind of stuff means a lot to me.It was really good to see that I have some people here who are really looking out for me and that is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home