My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Really Happy

It is a strange feeling to come across a discovery like the one I have made most recently and one that I am not entirely sure I can explain. To realize that the things you thought you knew and felt were not as they seemed to be is a unique experience. It is highly possible that I will confuse not only my readers, but also myself as I attempt to describe, however attempt is exactly what I am going to do.

I have dated a couple of guys over the last few years that I have felt I could really be happy with and live happily with (we all remember the Kenn disaster, do we not?) But it wasn’t until things got really good with my current boyfriend that I realized those other relationships were missing something. Now I’m not exactly sure what that something was, but I know that things feel different these days. I’m happy and I mean really happy for the first time in a long time. Don’t get me wrong now…any of you who know the two of us personally know that we have more than our fair share of issues to deal with at any given moment. And maybe I’ll be proven wrong at some point, but this relationship feels different than anything has in a long time.

There is a level of happiness that I feel when I’m with him that I had forgotten what felt like. He is wonderfully sweet and thoughtful. He knows how to bring a smile to my face and we can laugh together for hours. I love the lightheartedness, the fact that we can be goofy and silly and then sit down and have a serious discussion. I thought I had found a good mixture of that before, but what he and I share has redefined my previous expectations.
Again, don’t get me wrong. Life is quite stressful for both of us, very often, and I have no idea where this relationship will end up. What I do know is that I’ve found someone to share a very special relationship with and someone who makes me truly happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home